You know that crazy fear of losing the solitaire in your engagement ring?
It's not so crazy after all.
Last week, I was innocently at happy hour with some co-workers. Easy enough, right? An hour or two passes and, like I always do, I start fiddling around with my ring.
Except, this time... well, my finger went through the setting... there was no diamond there... I went pale... I nearly vomited, passed out and punched something all at the same time... and eight or nine people all hit the ground in search of my stone.
And if you can believe it (because I still can't), we found it. On the ground. In a dark bar.
I've never felt so lucky in my life. It was the longest three or four minutes in the history of ever. Absolute insanity.
And I'm happy to report that my ring has since been fixed and it looks good as new. Whew.
So, the moral of the story?
- Make sure you check your rings and have them inspected regularly.
- The feeling of vomit/blackout/violent rage isn't pretty. I don't recommend it.
- I've probably cashed in all my luck cards with this one.
- Thank goodness for a total stranger finding my diamond and giving it to me. You know what I mean?
This time last year:
- Linguine with Yogurt Sauce and Vegetables
- Menu Plan Monday: Week of 11.7.11
- Spinach, Shallot and Tomato Quiche
- Strawberry and Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- Living It Up on Halloween
- Garlic Lime Pork Chops & Parsley Lime Rice
- Menu Plan Monday: Week of 10.31.11